The Orcas Food Co-op Hands-On-Owner program allows member-owners to lend a hand in the store and receive a discount up to 25% off their regular purchases as thanks. HOOs serve a variety of roles at the Co-op, from keeping the store clean, tidy, and stocked, to greeting customers and offering specialized skills.
Involvement in the HOO program offers a number of benefits! Our Hands-On-Owners:
- Contribute to our community’s resiliency by training in Co-op operations and joining our volunteer network.
- Become better acquainted with the food, products, and practices of our Co-op.
- Feel stronger in your role as an owner of our Co-op.
- Build skills by working in various departments.
- Receive a shopping discount.
- Experience cooperative culture firsthand and learn the philosophy behind co-op success.
- Develop strong, long-lasting friendships and connections with co-op staff, members, and fellow Hands-On-Owners.
Based on the hours worked the previous month, HOOs earn a month-long shopping discount for their households:
|12 or more hours||25%|
To become a HOO, please fill out the an application and mail or drop off at the Co-o, and we will contact you for an interview.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I appreciate having a direct connection to food sourcing and the essential needs of our community. I’m aligned with the type of business that I’d like to see grow as we head into the future. Cooperative business models benefit everyone!”
-Tiffany Loney, Hands On Owner