Become a Hands-On-Owner
The Orcas Food Co-op Hands-On-Owner program allows member-owners to lend a hand in the store and receive a discount up to 20% off their regular purchases as thanks. HOOs serve a variety of roles at the Co-op, from keeping the store clean, tidy, and stocked, to greeting customers and offering specialized skills.
Involvement in the HOO program offers a number of benefits! Our Hands-On-Owners:
- Contribute to our community’s resiliency by training in Co-op operations and joining our volunteer network.
- Become better acquainted with the food, products, and practices of our Co-op.
- Feel stronger in your role as an owner of our Co-op.
- Build skills by working in various departments.
- Receive a shopping discount.
- Experience cooperative culture firsthand and learn the philosophy behind co-op success.
- Develop strong, long-lasting friendships and connections with co-op staff, members, and fellow Hands-On-Owners.
Based on the hours worked the previous month, HOOs earn a month-long shopping discount for their households:
|12 or more hours||20%|
To become a HOO, please fill out the an application and mail or drop off at the Co-o, and we will contact you for an interview.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.